Alice Conger Patterson Scholarship is designed to encourage South Carolina individuals to pursue continuing education or to develop a creative endeavor in order to enhance a career in the arts or to change career direction.
Who may apply for a grant:
Age: Must be 35 or older.
Must have: Demonstrated interest or have a career in the arts which the scholarship would enhance.
Resident of: SC and USA
Special consideration: Orginality.
Award:$500 to $1,000
Winner Notification: March 15, 2019
Winners are expected to provide a 250-word blog on their experience winning the scholarship and a picture that can be used on Emrys Social Media.
- Typed and no more than 2 pages (8.5 x 11)
- Your name, email address, phone number and birth date at top of first page.
- Description and duration of the project/class.
- Reason why it will enhance your objective.
- Descriptive item-by-item list of expenses and/or course information for the project.
- Your resumé.
- Two letters of reference - Instruct reference writers to email references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Patterson Scholarship recommendation for [your name].
- An example of your work.
Submissions should be one Word doc or a pdf.
We notify only the grant recipient, who will be announced on the website.
Who may not apply: An individual holding elective office or public office may not apply. A person may not apply on behalf of another. Groups, organizations, businesses, and 501(c) (3) tax exempt entities may not apply. Emrys current Board members and members of their families may not apply.
Additional Information: Grants range from $500 to $1,000. Be advised that the IRS considers grant funds as taxable income.
Project limitations: Tuition grants will be made directly to any accredited academic institution. Grants for creative endeavors will be made to the individual artist.